Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving Recap


It's been chaos as usual for the Hellman Thanksgiving celebrations. My sister Cathy who is fittin' to burst with her first pregnancy just went to the hospital about 20 minutes ago with regular contractions--it's her due date and despite a few false alarms this might be the real thing. I'm so excited to be an uncle! I'm also cheering for this baby to come out soon, because I have to go back to work on Monday unfortunately. Oh well...we'll just have to let the Miracle of Life work according to its own schedule...

We've had a joint Hellman-O'Malley (my sister's in-law's family) Thanksgiving this year b/c of the impending baby. Yesterday marked the first ever Hellman-O'Malley Olympics which took place at Bob O'Malley's health club in McLean, Virginia. In a closely fought battle, the team consisting of both Dads, my (non-pregnant) sister Susie, my wife Claire & my friend from medical school Doran Fink eked out a victory over the team consisting of myself, Tim (my bro-in-law), Julie (Tim's sister), and Emily (Doran's wife).

Other highlights included a yummy Thanksgiving dinner replete with the traditional Hellman Thanksgiving family desserts of chocolate mousse & grasshopper pie, playing the latest version of the board game "Life" (surprisingly fun), taking a run along the Potomac, hanging out with the family dogs, and finishing the new David Sedaris book (as I haven't read a book for pleasure since my honeymoon last September).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home