Wednesday, January 21, 2009

LOST, Found Again

A few thoughts on the recent 2-hour Lost Premier I just saw--my only real break from designing figures for the grant I am writing.

1. Although I in general enjoy the "time travel" aspect of the series, I kind of hope they don't continue the present story-telling technique, in which the time reference is always changing and it's hard to figure out if you're watching a scene from the past, present, or future. It's getting a little jarring, so perhaps they can tone it down a bit.

2. Loved the scene where Hurley tried to explain to his mom all the crazy events which went down on the island. Also it looks to me as if Hurley has gained even more weight since leaving the island.

3. It's still hard to figure out if Ben is good or evil. Part of me wants to believe that his desire to reunite "The Oceanic Six" and get them back to the island is benevolent, but it's hard to say since he's still so manipulative. We need a new clear-cut villain if Ben turns out to be a good guy--maybe Charles Widmore?

4. Who the hell were those guys shooting flaming arrows at the Losties? I don't think there will be too many complaints about the uber-annoying Neil taking a flaming arrow to the chest.