Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Good Way To Start The Day

This morning, as I was getting dressed I made a wonderful discovery: my ipod nano which had been missing, presumed gone forever, was in fact residing in my plaid vest pocket!

The last time I recall using the ipod was on the evening of the big snow storm: I vividly recall listening to my ipod as I took the elevator downstairs, and I remember stashing it in my pocket as I walked outside to foolishly ride my bike home in the blizzard. I made some slow but steady progress on the roads, but about 5 blocks before getting home, I encountered a group of teenage boys clearly looking for trouble. Having been a teenage boy myself, I could easily predict what would happen next: as I passed them on my bike, one of them let loose a snowball which nailed me in the back of the head! Being the mature adult that I am, I naturally threw down my bike and ran after the boys, pelting them with snowballs and thoroughly enjoying the excuse to engage in a good, old-fashioned snowball fight. After proving that I could defend myself, I hopped back aboard my bike and made it home.

The next morning, I realized that I couldn't find my ipod. I looked everywhere, but to no avail. I was reasonably certain that my previous night's exploits had jostled the ipod out of my jacket pocket, and my ipod was currently either buried beneath the snow, or being enjoyed by one of the teenage snowball-wielding miscreants.

Which is why I was so pleasantly surprised this morning when I so unexpectedly discovered that my ipod--chock full of "Sports Guy" and "This American Life" podcasts I haven't yet listened to-- had been in my vest pocket the entire time! That's a great way to start the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home