Monday, January 19, 2009

U.S. Grant

I'm not actually referring to Ulysses S. Grant (pictured)...I'm referring to a different type of U.S. grant; namely, a National Institute of Health (NIH) grant I am in the process of writing.  The main reason for my relative lack of blog posts recently has been the fact that I have been busting my ass frantically preparing this scientific grant.  It's due on Feb. 12th, which is approaching all too fast!  In a way however it's good that it's so soon--I'm anxious to finish writing and get back to experimenting.  

Happy MLK Day.  Like most people in the U.S., I'm really excited for tomorrow's Obama Inauguration.  It's about time!  I still can vividly recall the night that Bush "defeated" Gore in the 2000 election when I was a graduate student; it seems like such a long time ago now.