Sunday, August 17, 2008

Moonlighting

Question: What do Nate Hellman and Bruce Willis have in common?

Answer: Aside from the obvious (rugged good looks, action hero), they are also both MOONLIGHTERS.

In order to make a few extra bucks on the side (and in order to stay financially afloat in the very expensive city of Boston) I started my moonlighting career today. I'll be doing periodic shifts as an internal medicine "hospitalist" (a doctor who only takes care of patients sick enough to be admitted to the hospital, rather than the generally healthier clinic population). Interestingly I am not allowed to moonlight as a nephrologist until after I have completed two years of fellowship--so it will be all internal medicine moonlighting opportunities for the most part. Today I did a 7am-7pm shift, which was generally much easier than what I'm used to doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home