Wednesday, April 08, 2009

La Boheme

Hello!  This morning biking to work felt a few degrees colder than usual...in large part because we spent the last 3 days in Palm Beach, Florida with my family.  Palm Beach:  sunny, warm, 80-degree, sunscreen-requiring weather.  Boston: better put on your hat & gloves before going to work or your fingers will be numb.  

The main reason for our trip to Florida was to see my sister Susie's performance in the Palm Beach Opera's production of La Boheme.  It was spectacular!  She played the lead female role of Mimi--which was a little weird in that I watched my little sister die onstage in the final act.  It's always amazing to listen to Susie belt out the tunes in her amazing opera voice just a few hours after I was having an ordinary conversation with her in her normal, everyday voice.  She did a great job and I'm very proud of my little sister for nailing this great opportunity of a role!
 
More pictures to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home