Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Other Wacky Experiments at MDIBL

There are a whole host of bizarre activities going on today, only some of which I had a chance to participate in. Among the more notable were experiments on toad bladders (they apparently have the right type of membrane characteristics which allow for the study of water transport), more shark rectal gland experiments, and a host of nephrology fellows who tested the effects of salt loading by each personally eating up to 16 grams of salt during lunch (most physicians recommend limiting sodium intake to only 1-2 grams, so this was like eating 2 weeks' worth of salt at one sitting--impressive!)

No, today I spent my time gazing at zebrafish under an immunofluorescence microscope--something I will probably have all too much experience with when I return back home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home