Wednesday, June 25, 2008

#2 on the Way!

It's been awhile since I've blogged, but it's been a heck of a few days at the Hellman household as my excuse.

Let's share the good news first: Claire is 20 weeks pregnant and all is going well! We had the ultrasound yesterday which demonstrated that Sophie will have a LITTLE BROTHER, due on November 24th. We're very excited.

Now the bad news: Claire, Sophie, and I were all hit with a very contagious GI bug which I believe Sophie picked up in day care. It started with Sophie who on Sunday afternoon began projectile vomiting in the car (see photo). Then Claire caught the bug on Monday night, preventing her from enjoying a very nice meal at an Italian restaurant in the North End for our end-of-the-year Fellow's dinner. On Tuesday I started feeling unwell and decided to leave work (for the record: I have never skipped a day of work for illness for either residency or fellowship until now), and on the way home, puked orange Gatorade all over our car on the way out of the Brigham & Women's parking lot. As icing on the cake, our friend Cecile, who had courageously volunteered to babysit Sophie, last night came down with the same illness. This is one contagious virus, whatever it is (?rotavirus ?Norwalk agent) but fortunately, the duration seems to be relatively short (about 48 hours later and I think I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow). And I took this as an opportunity to wash our car which has been puked on twice, both inside and out, in the past 2 days...

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! And thanks for the gross puke stories/pictures. Destroy them before Sophie starts dating, k?

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home