Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Usual Suspects

A full 33% (3 of 9) of my college roommates are currently residing in the Bay Area. Here myself, Nir, Doug, and Kevin are having a little reunion at the Pine Crest Diner in downtown San Francisco. I think you'll agree I'm the most scruffy-looking of the bunch (although I will admit that I just recently got my hair chopped as part of my still ongoing two-haircuts-a-year-plan).

Later on we joined up with another college friend, Tim, and we journed out the John Muir Wilderness which I had never visited before.
'Shrooms.

It's hard to capture the majesty of the Californian red pines...but that didn't stop me from trying.
Nate and Sophie hiding in a hollow tree trunk.
Nir becomes contemplative while gazing at the tree rings on a 1000-year-old stump (in fact, I am told that this exact stump was featured in the Hitchcock movie "Vertigo."
Another three-dialysis-catheter-day at work today. More fun tomorrow.