Sunday, May 14, 2006

More of the Same

First off: the Call Countdown is worthy of mention. After last night I am down to: 4 total calls left (plus what is sure to be six annoying ED shifts) before I can kiss my Internal Medicine Residency career a fond farewell. I'm getting closer every day!

Second: it's been awhile since I've had a question of the day. Here's a tough one: name the longest river in each continent. I'll exclude Antarctica (because I don't think there are any rivers) and Australia (because it's fairly obscure: the Murray-Darling River, as per Wikipedia.org). Click here for the answer.

Finally, a few more cool pics from the Africa trip...


Nate looking exhausted as he climbs Table Mountain in Cape Town.

A veritable buttload of penguins.

There's nothing like a charging elephant to make your day...

Zebras. 'Nuff said.

Rafting on the Zambezi River. Our group didn't spring for the extra dough to have photos taken during the trip, but my friend Matt "The Linesman" Ortman who went a few weeks earlier did--this cool photo of the raft mid-flip is courtesy of him.