Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bunker Hill Day Parade

My weekend? Not so exciting...I attended a Nephrology Review Course Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, which basically consisted of consecutive, non-stop 45-minute lectures beginning at 8am and ending around 5:30pm. Needless to say, my head is spinning.

Fortunately, though the course was held about a 15 minute walk from my house...and I played hookey for about 2 hours in order to watch the annual Bunker Hill Parade, which commemorates the anniversary of the Revolutionary War's Battle of Bunker Hill. It goes right by my house and I watched the parade from an open window while eating lunch. Here are some pics.

Who better to kick off the parade than Boston's Mayor Thomas Menino?
Colorful!
Like living in a warzone.
Scale model of the U.S.S. Constitution.
The NBA Championship Trophy (from the 2008 NBA Champs Celtics), right outside my front door...don't know who the guy carrying it is, though.
No parade is complete without a Chewbacca costume.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Pederson said...

Nephrology to Chewbaca in one post. That's a new world record.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home