Wednesday, December 19, 2007

#9: Hotsky to Trotsky

Coming in at the number 9 Nate-created Holiday Card of All Time...my "Great Moments in Christmas History" card published in 1999, a.k.a. "Nate Discovers Photoshop." And still not very adept at it, I might add.

What's good about this card: hey, on the cover there's a picture of Trotksy! (seated next to my right). There's nothing like a good dose of random now and again.

What's bad about this card: it's a blatant rip off of a much funnier (in my opinion) party flier I had created earlier in the year to advertise a party at our pad in St. Louis. I have distinct memories of frantically printing out this card in my PhD lab into the wee hours of the morning...

What am I, stupid? I had the good fortune of having Christmas off this year. However, since I didn't have any plans, Claire & Sophie are doing fun French things now, and I felt bad for one of the other poor fellows who was scheduled to work that day, I was talked into switching. Guess I'll be working Christmas after all...